Thursday, February 15, 2007

My research plan

It really doesnt matter to me what topic I write about, I really enjoy writing about pretty much anything. However I am more curious is writing about something having to do with researching myself or my background. The journal entry where we had to find out where our name came from really interested me. I don't want to do a reasearch project on my name though I would rather do something about my heritage or about the town I grew up in. One of those topics could very well be the starting point for my reasearch project.

1 comment:

bill said...

So, how's the plan going?

Writing about a town -- a hometown especially -- can be a good topic for the first report. What kind of info can you gather? Who and what are your sources?

Meanwhile, I'd like to encourage you to write more and more often. Remember, we need to practice writing in order to get better at it. The more the better, and all that. If some days you're having trouble coming up with topics, perhaps look to the Guidebook. If those questions don't interest you, maybe use your spiral notebook to jot notes/ideas while moving around through the day, then write up an entry later. Entries do not have to be super long or complex, but the practice does help.