Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lambda Phi

During highschool the one thing I was positive I would never do is join a sorority. In highschool I had this image in my head that sorority girls were flakey and spent all their time partying with fraternity brothers. At my freshman orientation for St. John's University I was introduced to a group of girls that were part of Lambda Phi and right away I knew my image of sorority girls had been so wrong. When school started I decided to pledge and through pledging I met some of my best friends and I became a part of a bond more sacred then I could of ever imagined. My sorority, Lambda Phi has become so much more than just my friends, they have become my support system and my family when Im away from home. Whether its needing help in a class, someone to go out with, or a shoulder to cry on I know I can rely on my sisters to stick by my side if I were to ever need anything. I love how each sister is unique in their own way and everyone has something different to offer. Of course my sorority has parties from time to time but we also very active in other activites at St. John's. My sisters and I are very dedicated to performing community service and raising money for our charity Maury's Camp. We also are very involved when it comes to our academics and keeping our Sorority GPA above a 3.5. Deciding to pledge for Lambda Phi was one of the best decisions I've ever made because it's something I'll be apart of for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

bill said...

katie,

let's talk about the format for your blog, because i don't think you're getting it just yet.

rather than explain here, maybe i can show you toward the end of class?

prof M

Jeffrey said...

it's great to hear that greek life has been so good for you. im not in a frat but i had the same kind of misconceptions about greek life before coming here that it sounds like you had. its especially good to hear that your gpa has remained so high when people say that greek life ruins a gpa. it's also important that you can rely on your sorority sisters for just about anything, it can make tough times much easier to get through.